Do you have an upcoming audition that requires a dialect – or several dialects? A coaching session is an important part of preparation, so that you feel ready when you walk in the door.
Marianna has a degree in German and spent years in Vienna, where she taught topical ESL in high schools on a Teaching Fulbright and tutored individuals. This background, in addition to her graduate acting training gives her a unique view into, and a great sensitivity around, the subject of dialects and accent modification. If you’re an ESL speaker interested in accent modification, click here.
A one-on-one session may include:
- preparing the monologue or call-back sides, beginning with a focus on the text
- outlining the individual sound changes
- explanation and exploration of mouth posture
- listening to samples of native speakers
- coaching with a focus on character and story-telling, and how the the dialect informs or
is informed by these factors
- recommendations on community resources available to Seattle actors.